11.02.2012

i heart your art: janet hill

Ever since asking for your help with my living room, I've been really considering switching the whole thing up. Essentially cutting my losses with the kantha and going for something far more sophisticated (think velvets and touches of black). Not sure it's the right move - mostly given the cost, which is why I didn't do it in the first place - but it's definitely been on my mind.

One of the key elements of the new scheme would be moving the art over the sofa to the hall and bringing in a couple new pieces. So when Chassity of Look Linger Love posted about (Canadian!) artist Janet Hill on Wednesday, it was like fuel to my impulsive, money-spending fire. Her gorgeous work might be just the pop of sumptuous moodiness the new room would need . . .







post signature

4 comments :

  1. Beautiful! What talent, looking forward to seeing how your LR evolves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be so excited to get your feedback Michelle - you have such great style!

      Delete
  2. Omg I'm in love with the third one down, she makes me want to laugh but also is giving the stare-down like, 'what, bitch?!' so I can't. I think that one plus that pillow combo I like would be ammaaaazing :) And I don't think that that killim pillow would be bad with your rug at all, but I'm a fan of 'not-quite-matching' matching too, so I'm biased...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!! I know, I love that one! I seriously want a pirate hat now . . .

      Delete

Your comments make me borderline giddy! Thanks so much for taking the time!