10.23.2012

ribbon romance roundup: a million uses means a whole lotta' pretty

One of my absolute favourite elements of the inspiration shoot that we just got published on Green Wedding Shoes (did I mention how giddy I am about that? Yes? Ok then.) was the dip dyed chandelier. Made out of ripped pieces of fabric for the look of ribbon at a fraction of the cost, it was just so feminine and whimsical, and I couldn't stop staring at it throughout the day of shooting. Standing there watching it blow in the breeze, I decided that every wedding could use a touch of ribbon romance. 

In that spirit, I've put together not one, not two, but three ribbon roundups, each one showcasing how this humble little material can be used to make your day drop dead gorgeous - no matter what look you're going for! From classic and classy, to neutral and organic, to bright and playful, there really are no limits to the ways in which you can use ribbon to pump up the pretty. Plus there's nothing saying that this inspiration can only be applied to weddings! Do I hear the call of a backyard dinner party? Oh yes, I do believe I do . . .





So what do you think? Would you use any of these lovely ideas to add some romance to your next event? If so, be sure to check out the links below. I've done my best to track as many of these pics as possible back to their originals, where you'll find more detailed photos (and maybe even a d.i.y. instruction or two)! 

Until next time luvlies!

Refined: 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
Rustic: 8/9/10/11/12/13/14
Vibrant: 15/16/17/18/19/20/21/22

post signature

3 comments :

  1. Just checked out your wedding post and it's GORGE! Congrats! You totally deserve the recognition. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much Emily! I'm pretty happy about it, I have to admit. Also, now I can get back to some d.i.y's at home so I can (hopefully) drum up a bit more traffic here!

      Delete
  2. I think I was just inspired to add in lots of ribbon for my wedding :))

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me borderline giddy! Thanks so much for taking the time!