10.15.2012

pumpkin pretty: no-carve alternatives

Every year when Halloween is approaching I get really excited for pumpkin carving. I get myself all psyched up, dream up beautiful designs, and make a day out of picking out the best ones before trucking them home with visions of masterpieces in my head. 

And every year, when I'm finally finished hacking away and I step back to take in my creation, with orange goo all over me, I am met with a pumpkin that looks like a drunk two year old went to town on it with a pair of pliers. 

And I don't even like pumpkin seeds. 

So this year when I started seeing no-carve alternatives pop-up I was intrigued. A can of paint and a glue gun? Now those crafting projects I can handle. Even better, these gorgeous d.i.y's have upped Halloween's girly quotient by a million, and you know I'm on board with that!

So here's a little round-up of awesome pumpkin projects that don't require any carving (and only a couple even need scooping). Almost all of these would make gorgeous halloween party decor, so if you're throwing one I hope these'll help! Make sure to click on the links at the bottom of the post for step by step instructions  for each and every one. 






My faves are 2, 4 and 20. How about you?

P.S. If you like this post, be sure to follow me for more!

1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11 / 12 / 13 / 14 / 15 / 16 / 17 / 18 / 19 / 20

post signature

10 comments :

  1. I have the same problem with carving! I just painted some pumpkins in blue and gold and made a pretty little vignette....much more appealing in my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE these! Never been a fan of carved pumpkins anyways. I especially love those gold glittery ones in 11, and the all black!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they gorgeous? And those two would be SO easy to pull off!

      Delete
  3. You don't even like pumpkin seeds!? Even toasted and sprinkled with paprika and S&P? I think the all black pumpkin styled in the top photo is pretty striking. And then I do have an eye on the white bedazzled number. Hello fancy!
    Jordana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not even covered in salt, and I like ANYTHING covered in salt. Sigh ;)

      Delete
  4. I think 17 is about my speed - that way I could just draw a scary face on them (which to be fair, would look like a 2-year old had drawn it whilst high on candy). I guess with Aadam around now I have to stop being a Halloween scrooge don't I?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe. But look on the bright side - think about all the hilarious things you get to dress him up as before he's old enough to object!

      Delete
    2. Ha ha ha! We are currently having the discussion about dressing him up and doing halloween this year. Baby costumes are cool, but super expensive for a one wear deal!

      Delete
  5. I hate carving! The insides make my 3 year old gag... gross!! I love 1 and 2!! Now I can't wait for the store to open so I can buy some more pumpkins and experiment.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me borderline giddy! Thanks so much for taking the time!