9.24.2012

vintage vacation: tommy smythe styles

As of last Thursday I'm officially on vacation. A much, MUCH needed vacation. It's been a year since the last time I took more than two days off. I plan to sleep and eat an obscene amount. Truly obscene. I also plan to stuff a years worth of inspiration into two weeks, to tide me over until the next time I unchain myself from my desk . . .

To kick things off, Saturday I made the trek to my parents' place, and yesterday I got to do one of my favourite things in the world: go shopping with my mama. It doesn't matter how old I get, I will always love to wander around looking at trinkets holding that lady's hand.

Part of the day included visiting a couple of Ottawa's best vintage/antique haunts, including my absolute fave - The White Monkey. That shop is filled with so much eye candy it's ridiculous, and is always reasonably priced. Here are just a few of the bits and bobs I was drooling over:





Their lamp collection alone is to die for, and the black shades they use make everything so chic.

I was already feeling a pretty strong Tommy Smythe vibe when I spied these next two pieces at the Ottawa Antique Market:



While they're pretty much a dead ringer for what Sarah Richardson used in her Farmhouse . . .


. . . country just isn't my style. Instead, I would mix a bit of shop one and a bit of shop two and go for this:



Oh Tommy, you kill me every time.

Next stop on the vacation trail? Well, my cottage, but after that is Toronto, so any suggestions for vintage shops choc-full-'o pretties are MORE than welcome! Remember, I seriously need to get my fix . . .

post signature

2 comments :

  1. I would have loved to come home with that red mirror and white dresser!

    New follower from http://www.harlowsexclusive.com/
    looking forward to reading more on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't they gorgeous?! The hardware on the dresser was what sold me, and I would have packed it up straight away if I could spare the cash!

    So glad you visited and decided to follow Darci. Checking out your blog now . . .

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me borderline giddy! Thanks so much for taking the time!