9.10.2012

pretty in pink kitchens

I'm just gonna go ahead a say it: I'm not really a fan of the Kitchen Cousins. Yes, they are so damn fine it's borderline ridiculous, and no, I wouldn't kick them out of bed for eating crackers. But 9 times out of 10 I don't like their kitchens. I find myself cringing while they do things like put up halloween-esque decals, or advise clients to install bright yellow, high gloss cabinets (that end a foot away from the ceiling) in a turn of the century home.

I mean . . . just . . . what?? It hurts how good that space could have been.

Well, the other day I caught an episode that may have won me back over just a teeny tiny bit. (Yes, I sometimes still watch. They are good looking and they are renovating something. Please.) In it they not only used Dwell tiles (kudos boys), but they also had the man balls to lay down pink countertops.

Yup, pink.

Check out these quartz beauties:



{via}

Now if there's one thing that's hard to do, it's pull off a pink kitchen without it looking like the fifties and Strawberry Shortcake just threw up all over the place. Accents may be easy, but counters, cupboards, tiles and anything else permanent-ish? Not so much.

So I'm gonna' give props where props are due. One point for you Kitchen Cousins. One point for you.

The best part, though, is that it looks like they aren't the only ones giving it a shot, and there are some folks doin' it better. Pink may be making a cooking comeback, and in the chicest damn way!

I, for one, couldn't be happier. In a perfect world, no room would go un-pinked . . .

{via}

{via}

{1/2}

{via}

post signature

2 comments :

  1. Elyse - just wanted to say I love your blog. I was home sick today and stumbled across Peonies and Brass while searching splatter fabric. Then I read the ALL of your blog posts. Very inspiring - I'm totally having that watercolor wedding and I don't even want to get married. Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kai, thank so much for your sweet comment, you just completely made my day! I hope you'll follow me for more!

      BTW, I am with you on the wedding thing. Why aren't there other excuses to host over the top parties dedicated to yourself ;)

      Delete

Your comments make me borderline giddy! Thanks so much for taking the time!