8.20.2012

dining in the library

I fall in love with a lot of rooms (a lot), but few stick out as absolute favourites. You know those ones that never lose their appeal no matter how many times you see them? This is one of those few:

{via}

It's been in my inspiration file since before I was on Pinterest, yet every time it pops up in my feed I have trouble not repinning it. I'm just insanely drawn to it.

Well the other day I came across this beauty . . .

{via}

... and realized that this just has to happen in my life. Someday I will have a dining room library, and that dining room library will have deep, moody walls and hot pink chairs. It just has to happen.

I feel like it would be borderline impossible to have a bad dinner party in these rooms. Looking for an interesting conversation starter? Um, how about thousands?? Honestly, if you run out of things to talk about surrounded by this many books it may be time to find new friends. Just sayin'.

Here are a couple of other tall, dark and sexy reading and eating combos that I'm loving:

{via}

 {via}

 {via}

{via}

You know what these ones are missing though? Hot pink chairs. They're clearly missing hot pink chairs.

post signature

3 comments :

  1. I saw the first pic on Pinterest too and fell in luv. The combo of tulip chairs with claw foot table is so right. I agree the hot pink chairs are gorg, i just wish they weren't so business class. Amazing how the organization of bookcases can give two completely different feelings in similar rooms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to say I'm lovin your blog! Good reads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lindsay! You just made my morning :) I checked yours out too the other day! It looks like you and I are both trying to make that later in life leap . . . fingers crossed for both of us!!

      Delete

Your comments make me borderline giddy! Thanks so much for taking the time!