8.31.2012

labouring for labour day

For the last couple of months I've been tackling a project for my day job (web comms at a university) that has had me working non-stop. Evenings and weekends. Endlessly. I'm tired - both mentally and physically - and sick of neglecting other areas of my life. The fact that I actually wish I could clean my apartment (if I could only find the time or energy) is a very bad sign. I hate cleaning.

Yet the last few days have brought with them a very different perspective. I'm finally in the home stretch, and even though I'll be working over the long weekend, I'm so close to the pay-off that I'm fine with it. I can practically taste freedom.

More importantly, I'm really damn proud of what I've created. I don't know if it's any better than the work I normally do, but the knowledge of how hard it was to get there makes it oh-so much sweeter. Even if I'm the only one who knows, that's good enough for me. All of a sudden I feel grateful for the pressure. Pressure makes diamonds.

{via}

post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comments make me borderline giddy! Thanks so much for taking the time!